Please visit the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s website for more information on merchant rights under the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry.
Following receipt of your complaint we will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) business days.
- Provide our final decision in writing within ninety (90) days of receiving your complaint, along with:
- A summary of the complaint;
- The final result of the investigation;
- Explanation of the final decision; and
- Information on how to further escalate your complaint in the event of an unsatisfactory outcome.
If we cannot provide a response to you within 90 days you will be informed of the delay, reason for the delay, and the expected response time.
To assist us in reviewing your complaint please have available the following, where applicable:
- a summary of your concerns,
details, such as the name of the person you were dealing with, the date the concern occurred, date spoken to Payment Card Network
- Organizations (PCNO), AptPay or representative,
copies of any supporting documentation (i.e. agreements, statements, correspondence from PCNO),
Nothing restricts you from directly filing a complaint with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) to investigate non-compliance with the Code. FCAC can be reached via:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
6th Floor, Enterprise Building
427 Laurier Ave. West Ottawa, ON
FCAC is not a dispute-resolution agency for consumers in their individual dealings with payment card network operators or acquirers.
Please note that the information being submitted may be shared with the PCNOs, FCAC, or financial institutions in order to assist us in answering your concerns.